The Last Pickle (TLP) intends to hire a project manager in the US to work directly with customers in the US and around the world. You will be part of the TLP team, coordinating and managing delivery of high-quality consulting services including expert advice, documentation and run books, diagnostics and troubleshooting, and proof-of-concept code.
This role reports to the COO, and works closely with our CTO and technical team of Apache Cassandra consultants.
- Managing project budgets, resources, and schedules to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery services.
- Enabling the Consulting team to be as effective and efficient as possible, taking a bias towards action to remove barriers to delivery as needed.
- Providing the highest level of customer service to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Taking the lead on day-to-day client communication and/or coordination.
- Assisting with gathering business requirements, estimating, and scoping new projects.
- Ensuring timely response to customer requests.
- Managing the expectations of the internal team and clients.
- Escalating and coordinating resolution of issues internally as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ensuring zero ambiguity and clear direction in a manner suiting the audience.
- Ability to communicate in an open and ongoing way.
- Must be comfortable asking questions.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and project management tools.
- 3 years of relatable experience with similar responsibilities.
- Experience working remotely with a high-level of autonomy.
- Solid understanding of consulting business operations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to “see at least three steps ahead” of everyone else.
- Great attention to detail. Please address your cover letter to “Cristen.”
- Ability to anticipate and manage risk.
Bonus points for
- Experience with open source and/or big data platforms.
- Ability to problem solve and think intuitively about managing teams and clients (you are not a robot).
- Have a technical aptitude and can help translate business needs and technical delivery requirements.
- Are currently living in Austin, Texas.
In return we offer
- Being part of a globally recognised team of experts.
- Flexible workday and location.
- Time to work on open source projects and support for public speaking.
- As much or as little business travel as you want.
- No on-call roster.
- A great experience helping companies big and small be successful.
If this sounds like the right job for you let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Last Pickle was born out of our passion for the open source community and firmly held belief that Cassandra would become the ubiquitous database platform of the next generation. We have maintained our focus on Apache Cassandra since starting in March 2011 as the first pure Apache Cassandra consultancy in the world. In the last six years we have been part of the success of customers big and small around the globe as they harness the power of Cassandra to grow their companies.
Now we are looking to grow our own company by expanding our team in the US. As a profitable, self-funded start-up, TLP is able to place people at the heart of what we do. After years of working in a globally distributed team, with staff in New Zealand, America, Australia, and France, we realise happiness is the most important element in everything we do. We offer flexible work days with staff working from a mix of home and share offices, while still finding time in their day to pick up kids from school, go running, or check the surf conditions. With the help of our dedicated Happiness Coordinator, we work together to create a work-life balance that is mutually beneficial.