The Last Pickle was born out of our passion for the open source community and firmly held belief that Cassandra would become the ubiquitous database platform of the next generation. We have maintained our focus on Apache Cassandra since starting in March 2011 as the first pure Apache Cassandra consultancy in the world. In the last five years we have been part of the success of customers big and small around the globe as they harness the power of Cassandra to grow their companies.
Now we are looking to grow our own company by expanding our team in America.
As a profitable, self funded, start-up, TLP is able to place people at the heart of what we do. After years of working in a globally distributed team, with staff in New Zealand, America, Australia, France, and England, we realise happiness is the most important element in everything we do. We offer flexible work days with staff working from a mix of home and share offices, while still finding time in their day to pick up kids from school, go running, or check the surf conditions. With the help of our dedicated Happiness Coordinator, we work together to create a work-life balance that is mutually beneficial.
The team at TLP all have four plus years experience of creating, delivering, and managing Apache Cassandra and DataStax based solutions. We are looking for new team members who:
- Have spent 3+ years using Cassandra in development or operational settings.
- Have made code and other contributions to the Apache Cassandra community.
- Have spoken in public about Cassandra or related Big Data platforms.
In return we offer:
- Being part of a globally recognised team of experts.
- An emphasis on working together in a globally distributed team.
- Flexible workday and location.
- Time to work on open source projects, and support for public speaking.
- As much or as little travel as you want.
- No on call roster.
- A great experience helping companies big and small be successful.
If this sounds like the right job for you let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.